Last updated on: September 5, 2017
- Access, Collection and Use of Information:
- Website Information. When you use the Website, we may collect and use non personal information and technical information which may include your IP address, user agent, your activity log on the Website, your operating system and browser, and the files and URLs you upload for scanning (“Non Personal Information”). Further, if you choose to purchase the Pro Version of the Software, we will collect your name and email address (“Personal Information”). We use this information only for payment purposes and in order to provide you notices regarding the Software you purchased, if applicable. You hereby consent to such use of your Personal Information.
- Software Information. Once you install the Software it may access and/or collect the following data (unless you disable the Software): (i) technical information including without limitation, your IP Address, browser type and version, operating system, and from the date in which you installed the Software, meta data on unknown files, browser add-ons and extensions (as applicable), (ii) date and time of launching and scanning, updating and uninstalling the Software as well as the Software’s most used features; and (iii) geo location specifically the country of origin. Further, the Software accesses, collects and uses the files and URLs you upload for scanning on it, the files and URLs that the Software detects as threats and the files that were removed by the Software. In addition, we may use certain Non Personal Information to improve the quality of the Software and to add new features, functionality, and services to it. Further, if you chose to purchase the Pro Version of the Software, we will combine your Personal Information with all the foregoing information.
- Information You Provide Us. When you send us emails, you are communicating with us electronically. You agree to receive electronic communication from us and that all communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You also agree that we may keep record of your correspondence with us and that we may use any information you provide to us electronically to improve ByteFence or otherwise at our sole discretion. Your correspondence may include Personal Information should you chose to provide it to us. We will not use your email address to send you commercial or marketing messages unless you will opt-in or opt-out from receiving these messages. We may, however, use your email address without further consent from you for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of updates to ByteFence and answer your support quarries).
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
- Data Transfer. We may transfer your information and process it on servers outside your country of residence.
Modifying Your Personal Information:
- You have a right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information in our possession by sending us an email to: email@example.com. We will generally delete your Personal Information within 60 days of receipt of your request.
Our Policy Towards Children:
- ByteFence is not intended and/or directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under that age has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information from our servers. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect your personal information in accordance with industry standards. We limit access to your information on our servers, and it is password-protected/encrypted. We also regularly monitor our servers for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Nevertheless, as the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information on our servers may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of our safeguards.